In-Person Race Information
|Start Time||9:00 am||9:15 am|
The in-person race is capped at 1,000 participants and only individuals who are double vaccinated with a COVID-19 vaccine approved by Health Canada will be able to participate in our race series.
Race Day Schedule
|7:45 am||Information Tent opens|
|7:45 am||Baggage Check opens|
|7:45 am||Kit Pick-up opens|
|9:00 am||8k Race START – Red Corral: Wave #1|
|9:03 am||8k Race START– Red Corral: Wave #2
|9:15 am||5k Race START – Yellow Corral: Wave #1|
|9:18 am||5k Race START – Yellow Corral: Wave #2
|10:15 am||Awards Ceremony begins|
|10:20 am||Course closes down|
Wave Start Details
To enable everyone to have the fastest and safest race possible, we will be utilizing a wave start for both distances.
You will be assigned to a corral/starting position based on the estimated finishing time you provided upon registration. If you need to change your estimated finishing time, you may do so by logging in to your Race Roster Participant Dashboard. The deadline to edit your registration data is Wednesday, October 13, 2022.
10k Wave Start:
|Wave Number||Estimated Finish Time||Corral/Start Position||Bib Colour||Start Time|
|8k – Wave #1||50 minutes and under||Corral #1||Red||9:00 am|
|8k – Wave #2||over 50 minutes||Corral #2||Red||9:03 am|
5k Wave Start:
|Wave Number||Estimated Finish Time||Corral/Start Position||Bib Colour||Start Time|
|5k – Wave #1||30 minutes and under||Corral #1||Yellow||9:15 am|
|5k – Wave #2||over 30 minutes||Corral #2||Yellow||9:18 am|
As safety is our number one priority, the in-person race will be capped at 1,000 participants.
All eligible participants, volunteers and staff will be required to provide proof of full vaccination for COVID-19 in order to participate.
Please note, in order to participate in the events, all participants eligible in receiving their full vaccination will need to show proof at Run Kit pick-up.
If you cannot provide proof of full vaccination, by Run Day, you will not be able to participate in the in-person race. We encourage you to join us at the virtual run.
Individuals who cannot received the vaccination due to medical exemptions will be permitted to participate with a doctor’s note and documentation of a negative COVID-19 test taken within 48 hours of event day.
- 8K/5K Course: This is a mainly flat route on a paved path but it is NOT closed to the public. Click here to see the 8K/5K route maps.
- Age Limits: All children must be registered in the race. The minimum age for participation in the 8k and 5k is 6 years old. Anyone under the age of 13 must be accompanied by an adult who is also registered in the race.
- Strollers: For safety reasons, strollers, baby joggers, bikes, roller blades and dogs are NOT allowed.
Timing and Race Results
We will be using the MYLAPS BIBTAG Timing system at all of our races this season. With this technology your timing chip or BIBTAG is now placed on the back of your race bib. It must be correctly worn on race day for your race time to be accurately captured.
- Do not remove the BIBTAG or foam spacer from your bib
- Your bib must be visible at all times on the route
- Do not fold your bib or excessively bend or twist the BIBTAG
- Wear your bib on your front. Do not wear it on your back, side, leg or arm
- Remember, it’s “NO BIB = NO TIME!”
The time limit is 80 minutes for completing the 8k race before the finish line is dismantled.
Results will be posted immediately after the race at: www.sportstats.ca
- Pre-Race and Post Race Hydration: at the Start/Finish Line – water and nuun active electrolyte drink will be available.
- On Course Hydration: Water and nuun active electrolyte drink will be available on the route at 3k and 6k.
Finish Line Safety: Safety is our priority at all Toronto Women’s Run Series. For that reason, and in response to participant feedback, children are not allowed to cross the finish line with their mother unless they are registered in the race. We have created this policy to ensure the safety of all participants, volunteers and fans. Allowing non-participants, including young children, to cross the finish line serves as a distraction to other finishers, poses a safety risk and disrupts our finish line operations. We know you want to celebrate this wonderful achievement of finishing the race with your children, but we ask you to do so only after you cross the finish line. Family and friends are encouraged to reunite with their athlete in the post-race area just beyond the finish line. Only athletes wearing a bib number will be allowed to cross the finish line and receive a medal.
Bag Check: Bag check opens on race day at 7:45 am. You are strongly encouraged to drop off your bag as early as possible. Use the removable baggage tag on your bib and attach it to your bag.
POGO Pledge Drop-off: Representatives from POGO will be at the POGO tent for pledge collection and donations. You can drop off any funds you have at the tent.
Race Photographers: Our official race photographers, FinisherPix, will be on the course and at the finish line taking photos. You will receive an email after the race with a link to all your race day photos.
Awards: Awards are given to the top three women overall and the top three finishers per age group (5 year age groups).
Hotel Information: Click here for more details.
Getting to the Race Site
Main entrance to Wilket Creek Park is at the main park entrance to Sunnybrook Park at 1132 Leslie Street, Toronto, ON, M3C 3L8. This entrance is just 100 m north of Eglinton Avenue East.
- Driving: The entrance to the park is at 1132 Leslie Street, Toronto, M3C 3L8. This is 100 m north of Leslie Street and Eglinton Avenue.
- From the 401 Take the Leslie Street exit off the 401, proceed south almost six kilometres to the entrance of Sunnybrook Park.
- From downtown Toronto go north on Avenue Road, Yonge Street, Mt. Pleasant Road or Bayview Avenue to Eglinton Avenue, turn right (east), continue to Leslie Street, turn left (north) 100 m to the entrance of Sunnybrook Park.
- From 404/DVP from Don Valley Parkway, exit at Eglinton Avenue, go west to Leslie Street, turn right (north) and proceed 100 m to the entrance of Sunnybrook Park.
- Public Transit – TTC there is 24 hour bus TTC service along Eglinton Avenue East. Visit www.ttc.ca for more info. On weekends/race morning, TTC service might be more intermittent than usual. You might consider taking a cab to the start line or carpooling and then taking the TTC home.
Parking within the park system is limited. Please keep in mind that everyone will have to park and walk to the start area. Give yourself at least 15-20 minutes to get into the park, to park and then to walk to the start area.
Note: The park is NOT closed to traffic so please pay attention to parking marshals and follow their directions to the appropriate lots. Do NOT park illegally as you may receive a ticket. All roads and areas within the parking lots are subject to all City of Toronto parking by-laws.
Parking inside the park:
- Directly inside the park, north of the main entrance (150 m from start/finish line)
- Past the washrooms (a 250 m walk to start/finish line) in the Serena Gundy Parking lot
- Along park road (a 300 m walk to start/finish line)
- In the middle lot (just a 400 m walk to start/finish line)
- In the lot across from Sunnybrook Stables
- In the lot at the playing fields at the top of the hill
Parking outside the park:
- 1165 Leslie Street, north of the park entrance (a 800 m walk to the start/finish line)
- In surface lots along Eglinton Avenue, west of Leslie Street (a 1.5 km walk to the start/finish line)
- At Sunnybrook Hospital, walk down the hill and head towards the race site (a 2.5 km walk to the start/finish line)
You can watch your friends and family start and finish the race at the start/finish line and along the last 500 m to the finish line. Also, you can access the park by car at:
Don Mills Road at the Elevated Wetlands
Within the park, via Thorncliffe Park Avenue Park access and down the hill into the parking lot (route is very accessible)
Beechwood Drive – Half Marathon West Route access point
At bottom of hill at Gateway Blvd. off of Don Mills Road, just south of the Ontario Science Centre
Refreshments and food are very limited at the race site. Please plan accordingly by bringing beverages and snacks with you. There is lots of green space south of the start line where you can spread out a blanket, watch the race and cheer on the runners. Tim Horton’s, Starbucks and other retailers are approximately 3 km from the start/finish area on Eglinton Avenue East at Brentcliffe Avenue and on Don Mills Road, just south of the Ontario Science Centre.
Riding your bike to the park is another great way to see all the action. We do ask that you give the runners “right of way” along the path when appropriate.