Frequently Asked Questions
Race Distance & Start Times
|Start Time||9:00 am||9:15 am|
|Distance||8k (4.9 miles)||5k (3.1 miles)|
Entry Fee Includes
- Limited edition Toronto Women’s 8k/5k running gloves
- Exclusive finisher medal designed by Foxy Originals
- Personalized race bib, if you register by Sunday, October 18, 2020
- Great race kit
- Aid stations like you have never seen before; including the Toronto Firefighter’s Water Station
- Amazing post-run party
All finishers in the 8k and 5k will receive an exclusive finisher’s medal from Foxy Originals.
Is the race “chip” timed?
Yes, we use the MYLAPS BibTag timing system provided by Sportstats.
Is there a time limit for the 8k?
Yes, the time limit is 80 minutes for completing the 8k. After that time, the finish line will be dismantled.
Can anyone cross the finish line?
No, only registered participants wearing a race bib will be allowed to cross the finish line.
Are walkers allowed?
Yes, walkers can participate. There is no designated walker category nor awards for walkers. Walking participants will receive a finisher’s medal and race kit.
Can men participate?
Yes, men can show their support by running in the race. But sorry guys, there are no awards for your categories and we ask that you do not cross the finish line before the first woman runner.
Can kids participate?
Yes. However, please note the following age requirements: to participate in the half marathon, the minimum age is 16 years and to participate in the 10k and 5k, the minimum age is 6 years. Anyone under the age of 13 years must be accompanied by an adult.
Is registration capped?
Yes, the race is capped at 750 for the 8k and 750 for the 5k.
Can I wear my earbuds/headphones during the run?
Yes, you can wear wear earbuds or headphones but please keep the volume low so that you are aware of runners around you and that you can hear the instructions given by our course marshals.
Do you need volunteers? How can I sign up to volunteer?
What is the charitable cause?
Are there incentive prizes?
Can I participate with a baby jogger or stroller?
No. For safety reasons, baby joggers and strollers are not permitted due to the narrow width of the paths within the park system.
Where are good places for us to go on the course to cheer on runners?
- Behind the Science Centre – take Eglinton Avenue East to Don Mills Road, go south/right down to the lights at Gateway Blvd., turn right, park at bottom of hill and walk 50 m over to the paved path.
- At the Firefighters Water Station (directly underneath the Overlea Bridge) – this is accessible off of Thorncliffe Park Road.