Half Marathon/10k/5k Frequently Asked Questions
- Entry Fee Includes: A women’s 2XU short sleeve technical race shirt, FREE digital race day pictures, a great race kit, a wonderful race experience with aid stations like you have never seen before and a great post run party
- Finisher Memento: All finishers in the half marathon, 10k and 5k will receive an exclusive finisher memento from Foxy Originals
- Course: An out-&-back course that starts and finishes at Wilket Creek Park (part of Sunnybrook Park). Route is mostly on flat, paved paths through the Park system, looping at Taylor Creek Park and Pottery Road wetlands.
- Why does the half marathon route have a couple of small circles in the parking areas off the main path? In order for us to get the full 21.1km (13.1 miles) distance, we have to do these minor “detours”. We are trying to find a way to make up the distance somewhere else along the route for this year. Stay tuned
- What time does the race start? The half marathon starts at 8:00am, 10k starts at 8:10am and the 5k starts at 8:20am
- Can guys run? Yes, men can show their support by running in the race, but sorry guys, there are no awards and we ask that you don’t cross the finish line before the first woman runner
- Are walkers allowed? Yes, walkers can participate but there is no walker category nor are there awards for walkers
- Is there a time limit for the half marathon? Yes, the time limit is 3 hours, 30 minutes or a pace of 9 minutes, 57 seconds per km for completing the half marathon before the finish line is dismantled.
- We are from out of town, where should we stay? Click here for hotel information
- Can kids participate? To participate in the half marathon, the minimum age is 16 years. For the 5k, the minimum age is 6 years and anyone under the age of 13 must be accompanied by an adult
- Is registration capped? Yes, 1,500 for the ½ marathon, 750 for the 10k and 750 for the 5k
- Are the shirts sized for women? Yes, the runners shirts are women’s specific sizing and the volunteer shirts are unisex sizing
- Can I wear my headphones / iPod during the run? Yes, you can wear wear headphones but please keep the volume low so that you are aware of runners around you and that you can hear the instructions given by our course marshals
- Do you need volunteers? How can I sign up to volunteer? Yes, we need a number of volunteers to help us make the event a success. To sign up, click here and we’ll be in touch
- What is the charitable cause? Our charitable partner is POGO (Pediatric Oncology Group of Ontario). Click here for more info
- Are there incentive prizes? If you fundraise for POGO and reach the various levels, you are eligible for the prize. Click here for more info
- Can I participate with a baby jogger or stroller? No, baby joggers and strollers are not permitted due to safety reasons because of the narrow width of the path
*We will do our best to photograph all athletes but we cannot guarantee that everyone will be photographed at every camera location.